Monday, October 1, 2012

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife"

 Last Saturday, September 22nd, we were honored to witness our dear friends, Cameron and Ada, covenant together before God as husband and wife. 
Cam and Ada came to our church last November as a dating couple and we were very excited to welcome them into our community group when it started up a little while later. 
Over the course of many shared meals and great doctrinal discussions a bond of friendship in Christ was formed! 
Cameron was new to the faith and it was (and continues to be) SO exciting to see the passion and hunger he has for the Word and his Savior. Ada is one classy and Christlike lady! She also has the craziest sense of humor and her stories will have you laughing in tears. 
Over the course of three months and three books, Mark and I had the awesome opportunity to meet with them often for marital counseling and, let me tell you, it was wonderful for Mark and I to be challenged and rebuked and encouraged regarding our marriage as we looked to Scripture with Cam and Ada. 
Their wedding was full of exaltation of Christ and I loved how they washed one another's feet during the service. 
A picture of our Savior's humility and servants heart when he washed the feet of His disciples.


 Ada walked down to Andy,Bryce and Rob singing/playing the song 10,000 Reasons... 

"Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes"





This was Mark's first time officiating a wedding! 


THANK YOU, Cameron and Ada, for letting us have a part of your very special day!
Love ya guys! 


P.S. I have a very handsome husband- He looked SO good in his suit!!! 

No comments: