For the possibly thousand giveaways on blogs that I have entered, I won the other day!!!!! a cute colorful shirt from Sara! She has the cutest most colorful blog I've seen! I REALLY want one of her paintings for my dining room wall... Click here to see her blog!
In other news, Marks parents and Alex are in Bolivia.. they left 2 Monday's ago! The kids miss them. We had them over before they left for dinner and to give them their gifts.. here are some CUTE pictures!
I am very behind in blogging and reading blogs. SO much sewing for Christmas presents lately! Its very fun though! I just LOVE sewing- its my new favorite thing! My friend Mel, sewed Ella an adorable apron for Christmas and I think I am going to try to make one today- for myself and for a gift.
I really should be taking pictures of my finished products so I can post them after Christmas for all to see! I am off to a sewing shop today to see about a class or maybe just a whole bunch of supplies for my sewing obsession! I have a gift card!!!
The twins will be going to a little girl Christmas Party this morning.
Ella has a little fever and a cough and will be home with daddy.
Elijah is going to be hanging with daddy.
Daddy is going to be watching 2 little kiddos.
And tonight: THE MAIN EVENT:
a girl sleepover at Aunt Emys- the girls have beeen talking about it nonstop for a few days now.
Sophia wanted to pack her bags as soon as she woke up this morning!
I am using these 2 photos in my free shutterfly Christmas cards this year. plus a few others:) They turned out SO very cute even though my sweet friend Megan could not take them:) They would have been even better if she did them! But regardless, I still LOVE them and they look so good with the colors of the card- I think this is my favorite Christmas card of all this year!
I have been doing some much needed redecorating in my bedroom and I am loving how it is coming out- I just need a reading chair for next to the bookshelf, a reading lamp and a flat screen tv to hang on the wall:) not much at all right:) Plus I need to replace Kenny Rogers in the cute frame above our bed that I found at a yard sale for 50 cents. Kenny Rogers has no place in our bedroom.:)
Today was a busy day with 4 ladies and their children coming over for ladies coffee- it was SO fun! I just look forward to those events so much even though it means I'm running like crazy to clean everything to make it look presentable:)
I sold a toy today on Craigslist and actually made $5 off it. I got it at a yard sale for $5 and then the kids grew tired of it so I sold it for $10- and someone picked it up today! WOW! Maybe I should start a business:) another nice thing was that she didnt have the right change so she asked if I'd take a check- of course I said yes and she came back with 3 gifts cards to Chipotle (she works for them) for free burritos! She said it was for the inconvenience:) Can you believe that! What a great sale:)
Ella is at a friends house for the afternoon and was SO excited to go ALL BY HERSELF! She really enjoys those kinds of things... when she gets to do them alone! I think it makes her feel so special.
So, Elijah should be sleeping but I can hear the patter of little feet so I better go and see what mischief he has gotten into!
Marks parents let us borrow their Wii for a little. The girls LOVE it!! Arianna loves bowling and Sophia loves tennis- she is actually really good at it! They are learning! Ella mainly throws gutter balls but has fun!
This morning while I have been on the internet Ella lined up all her little animals and told me the names of each one! Pretty impressive task!
I asked Elijah to smile nicely for the camera just now..
1. I need coffee- we ran out and I havent had a cup yet this morning.. the van is on empty and Mark has the debit card- hence no money, no gas and NO COFFEE!!! ahhh!!and to top it all off, my friends on Facebook made me aware that Starbucks has buy one get one bags of Christmas blend today only!!!
( I made sure to tell my dear husband this and he just told me that he will try to drop off some coffee for me if he gets a chance to slip away today- what an amazing guy!)
2. I have been wasting time on the internet this morning looking at all these cute blogs and even cuter home decorating idea. I am becoming envious and depressed. Isnt that crazy how focusing on what I "wish" my house looked like could create such horrible sin in my thought life.. ugh! Time to refocus on all the MANY blessings I have and be content with what God has given me which is a HUGE truckload of BLESSINGS! I love my home and it doesnt really matter how "stylish" it is- it is filled with happy memories and fun times with all the people that I love most in life! What could be better than that!
3. I have finished 2 strands of felt garland for my Christmas tree- its coming along and is super cute- only about 150 more little felt circles to sew.. do you think I'll finish by Christmas? I have been sewing them while I watch 24- Season 6! (we recently got Netflix and I LOVE it) We are getting rid of cable- $50 a month vs $10 a month- its worth it! Plus my kids wont see any commercials and Netflix has SO many good wholesome kids shows! We are hooked!
4. Ella and Elijah have been getting along so well lately! Its so nice not to have to be a policewoman all day long, breaking up fights,etc.. Also Mark has been gone till 6pm most nights lately doing interviews at Valor for extra money (usually he's home by 4- I KNOW I am a LUCKY woman) - so I have had the kids all to myself ALL day long and amazingly, I am really not stressing over it- they are getting along nicely and playing well and its been nice to just relax and sit with them. They are all growing up and I can see it more and more by how well they are starting to get along and how they can resolve problems themselves rather than fighting or telling all the time. Its pretty cool...
5. We found a new song that we have been listening to as a family and it is SO amazing!! The little kids have already learned the chorus of it- because I play it all the time- and it so cute hearing them sing about Christ's victory over death and the hope it gives me as a believer! Here is the song... listen to it and meditate on the awesome truth that we are alive with Christ because of His victory over death and sin! There is no sting in death.. because CHRIST is RISEN!