Saturday, June 7, 2014

Stormy weather


For some reason whenever Mark is gone, we have these horrible summer storms. 
I don't mind them during the day but at night they are the worst. 
Thursday, we had the coolest storm around dinner time. 
Hail was falling like snow and they were HUGE pieces. Plus, we had this gorgeous rainbow and the sun was shining with patches of blue sky. SOOOO cool! We have an awesome Creator. 

 The kids ran outside and picked up the hail in cups. 
Ari put hers in the freezer to show dad when he returns. 
I have also been working part time for a friend's home inspection company. I answer phones and book inspections from home. I appreciate the flexibility and ability to make money while I am with my kiddos. It has been going well until Thursday- it was a rough day. I made a bunch of mistakes. Ugh! My sweet friend and boss, Nathalie, called to encourage my weary heart. 
Love those friends who encourage and uplift by speaking truth.
I struggle with the desire to make everything perfect and right and when I screw up and things aren't the way I think they should be, I get so discouraged. I was reflecting this morning on the fact that I don't have to have it all together because Christ has it all together for me! I am in Him and because of His work on the cross for me, I do not have to prove to people that I am perfect or good at everything I touch. That is pride and it is sin and it comes from a desire in my heart to make myself look good and gain praise rather than bring glory to Christ. I should gladly boast in my weakness because then Christ's power is displayed as He works through my weakness to bring Him glory. So glad that Christ pointed these things out to me and that He loves me and redeemed me even though I suck and fail at this over and over and over... 

 I think Paul sums it up perfectly in 2 Corinthians 12:10 - 
"But He said to me, 'MY grace is sufficient for you, 
for MY power is made perfect in weakness'. 
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, 
so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

No comments: