Friday, November 9, 2012

Mini "Pumpkin" Cheese Balls

I made these tasty treats for a baby shower this past weekend and I thought I would share the recipe. 
They were very delicious.
You could fashion them as small round pumpkins as an individual serving or you could make a large cheese ball and surround it with crackers. I found the recipe on a blog but I cannot find where now, so just know it is not original to me.

Recipe: 24 mini cheese balls 
2 pkgs. soft cream cheese
1/2 cup of chopped roasted red peppers
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
Paprika
Pretzel rod (tips)
cilantro leaves

Mix cream cheese, peppers, garlic and cayenne in mixer. Stir in cheddar cheese. Put in fridge for an hour to harden back up. Then, take out and roll into balls about an inch round. Roll in paprika. Slit sides with a knife to make them look like pumpkins. Place a cilantro leaf and pretzel rod into cheeseball before serving. Place on a stack off crackers.
Enjoy! 


No comments: