Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Homemade Brown Sugar


Super excited that I was able to make my very own brown sugar!
 My friend Christine recommended the process and it couldn't have been easier. 
Take 1 cup of sugar and 1 TBSP of molasses 
 Mix in the kitchen Aid for 10-15 minutes until nice and fluffy.
I made 4 cups altogether and stored it in an airtight container. 
If you like darker brown sugar, you can always add more molasses.
FYI: During the mixing process it looks like it just might not work but 
let it mix the full time allotted and I promise it will come together:) 
Now, go bake some cookies:) 
My homemade sugar is on the bottom and the leftover store-bought on the top. 

1 comment:

Christine said...

I'm so excited you made it. Isn't it so much better store bought? You should try the butter, it's as easy as the brown sugar. Promise! I saw your Facebook post. You should really try the bread too.