Friday, May 24, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Week

Teacher Appreciation Week is my most favorite volunteer thing to do within the PTO at Hopkins. 
I appreciate the teachers/staff so much and remember when I was a teacher and how small acts of kindness meant so much! 

Day One-  "Thanks for Keeping Calm and Shining On!"
We were able to get the teachers a Keurig Machine (I think their favorite part of the week) and little IKEA lanterns. I made the pompoms with tissue paper and found a free pdf for the sign here.



Day Two- "Thanks for Being Sweet As Pie" 
Every year we have had a pie contest where parents bring in their pies and teachers vote for their favorite. We gave out Village Inn gift certificates to the winners. 

Day Three- "Thanks for Keeping Our Kids Hopping"
Since we are the Hopkins Frogs, I used lots of green frogs to decorate. Panera graciously provided breakfast sandwiches and we made up a little yogurt bar to go along with the sandwiches.



Day Four- "Thanks for all you do. Please enjoy a BB-Q"
We provided a BB-Q lunch which was easily put together by purchasing everything from Costco.


Day Five- "Thanks a Latte For All You Do"
For the third year in a row, we used Executive Perks to provide a barista who made specialty lattes for the teachers and parents at the beginning of school. Its always a favorite!

 Another fun thing we added this year was DOOR DECORATING. I contacted classroom reps and others who were interested and we decorated the doors of all the teachers/staff. It was quite a project but the teachers LOVED them all. We had winners too:) I hope to continue this tradition every year. I just love that it gets the kids involved as well in saying "Thank You".














No comments: