Friday, August 16, 2013

{Goodbye Summer Break}

 I love summer! Its full of carefree days. Swimming long hours. Late dinners. Lazy evenings watching the kids ride their bikes up and down the street. Chatting with neighbors outside as the sun goes down. Waking up late and laying in bed snuggling kids. No schedules. No rush. Not many commitments.
 I am sad to see summer go. 
School starts on Monday. 
Schedules resume. 
Life picks up pace. 
Violin lessons will start. 
Homework will be due. 
 But today we hung on a little longer at our favorite place- the pool. With friends. 
It was the perfect end to a great summer. 


I am excited for what this school year will bring. 
Seeing the kids grow in knowledge, in friendships, in Christ, in life is exciting to me! 
I know we only have a handful of summers left and I cherish every one! 


 So until next year, goodbye summer! We will miss you! 

No comments: