Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Urgent Prayer Requests:

Prayer Request #1- please pray for our dear friends Giles and Janel Litzner and their little baby boy- Elijah. He was born May 19th with some anatomical issues. Many of his little organs are up in his chest cavity. Once he is strong enough, they will do surgery. They are talking about doing it on Monday. I am so burdened for our dear friends- this is their first baby and I know the emotional stress of the NICU and our babies were there for just 10 days and very healthy. Pray that God will give wisdom to the doctors and skill for the surgeons and that little Elijah will pull though the surgery and heal quickly. Also, pray for grace for Giles and Janel- their testimony has been amazing and an excellent example of the grace God gives thru trials... Here is a little excerpt from their Facebook page (they write all their updates from Elijahs perspective:)

Elijah here--
Moment by moment...I'm in the hands of Jesus. I'm just hang'n out in the NICU getting better each day. Mommy and Daddy are so proud of me. I was so comfy-cozy today, as you can see from my pics earlier I got to lay on my tummy. And you wanna know what? My eyes aren't so puffy anymore...so I opened them...I saw my Mommy and Daddy. That made Mommy's birthday extra special. They told me my eyes are blue, just like Daddy's. This evening was tons of fun! After looking at my parents for a while I decided to check my room out--wow! Tons of wires and lights and machines and tubes, but amid all the gadgets they keep weening me off my meds and prepping me for the big day. They even moved that 'oscar-machine' (aka oscillator) out of my room 'cause they are for sick kids and that's not me anymore. I'm a tough guy. Yep, gett'n stronger every day. So keep praying. I definitely want to get stronger and have a good surgery; I want my parents to be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus; but above all, I want God to do what will bring Him the most glory. That may mean answering our prayers the way we want...but it might not. Remember, "God is not a means to an end---He will not be used" (A.W. Tozer). You see, some people try to play "let's make a deal" with God. They think that if we just do these religious things like praying and going to church then God will be more apt to give them whatever they want. No way jose! God doesn't play games like that. He IS merciful---not giving us what we deserve. He IS gracious too---giving us what we don't deserve. And He's been sooo gracious to my family. God doesn't owe us anything, but He's choosing to let me grow big and strong; and He's answering all your prayers. And we are so greatful! Why do you think all of this is happening anyway? He could have made me strong and healthy from the beginning, but He wanted to get your attention too. Does He have it?

Well, I'm kinda pooped. That last couple sentences of preaching has tuckered me right out. Anyway, we got a big week ahead of us so I'd better get my rest. Keep praying for wisdom and understanding for the nurses and doctors--we are so thankful for their skill. Sorry this message is coming so late, but sometimes all the fun stuff happens later in the evening. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Love tons,
Elijah Borne

Prayer Request #2-

I was looking for a picture of Uncle Luis but we only have video- sorry-
Marks Uncle Luis has cancer and has been told it is inoperable. We are not sure of all the details but please pray for grace for his family- he has 2 children- Wendy and Eddie- who are both out of college. His wife Nancy is Marks mom's sister. They live in Australia. Just pray that God will give wisdom to the doctors and comfort to all of his family...

"Now unto God who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we could ask or think...."Ephesians 3:20

1 comment:

~Abbey~ said...

will keep them in prayer!