Thursday, January 10, 2013

Ella's 6th Cooking Birthday party

 Ella wanted a Cooking Birthday party for her 6th. 
She got a red kitchen for Christmas (found it used on Facebook- steal of a deal!) so we went with a red, teal and yellow color scheme. Decorating for a party is my absolute favorite! 

 I found a very easy pattern for a chef's hat online, so make each guest a white hat for a party favor.
The kids looked so cute in their cooking gear. 
 One of Ella's gifts that I was super excited for, was a matching apron and hat for Ella and her doll. 
It really wasn't complicated to sew and I was so happy with the result! 
 Mark printed the pics below of each guest with Ella and we put them in a little frame for a party favor. I was so excited because I found the frames at Michael's on clearance for 25 cents.


                       



I also used paper straws for the kids punch and even though they look just adorable, they are not practical at all. They kept falling apart once wet, so we switched over to plastic straws half way thru. 
The menu:
Pizza (the kids spread the dough, put on the sauce, cheese and pepperoni) 
Fruit Salad (the kids used a plastic knife to cut the bananas, kiwis, strawberries and grapes)
Cookie Cakes (the kids frosted sugar cookies and stacked them to make a cake complete with sprinkles) 
It went very smoothly with not too bad a mess to clean up after:)lol 
I was thankful to have help from Mark and one of the moms.

The kids, Mark and I also prepped all the ingredients beforehand and put them in little individual cups that I got at a party store. It went much faster and was easier then passing ingredients. 



Since we dont have a lot of space at our place, one goal during winter parties is to keep the kids sitting at the table as long as possible. They did so good and sat for an hour working and eating their food. They did get to play at the end in the basement:) 
I really like structure when we have a lot of kids (keeps them from being crazy) , so my parties are usually run like a classroom- hopefully the kids dont mind! lol 



It was a very fun party to put together and it is her last "big friend" party, until she's 13! 
We just do parties till Kindergarten then for birthdays they can have someone sleepover, or go somewhere, etc. With four kids, it is easier and seems to work well for our family. 
So blessed to have our little Ella in our family and look forward to many more birthdays to come! 

1 comment:

Christine said...

Chas, I LOVE this party. You always do such a good job. I haven't had a real birthday party for my kids yet. I'm going to wait until they are older,even though I would love to plan them. Since they are all a month a part that just seems like too much.
I wouldn't mind Rhiannon having a kitchen set if I could find one like yours. It is really cute.