Sunday, February 5, 2012

20 inches of the fluffy stuff!

 Yep, you read that right! Right around 20 inches fo the fluffy powdery stuff called snow! 
And it gave us a 3 day weekend! How cool is that! 
Mark took the kiddo out to play on Friday and I cleaned, purged and organized all day! 
We did get time for 2 movies in there:) 
The Debt and Contagion- both really good movies! 
 BURIED ALIVE! 



 I also made these yummy
They were amazing! They were pretty simple overall and tasted just like the soft pretzels you get at sports games but better! I will definitely make them again. They made ALOT so I tried to freeze a third of the bites when they are just dough and see if I can follow the steps after that and if they still taste as awesome. Hope so because that means that I can make a bunch ahead of time, freeze them and pull them out and finish them in little batches at a time as needed. 
I found them on PINTEREST the coolest thing on the web in my opinion! If you need an invite just let me know and you can get addicted! 
Yesterday Mark and I were able to go out to dinner on a date and then walk around Target for an hour just us- it was the best! Just me and my hubby cruising the aisles. He even went into the ladies clothes with me and looked at stuff I liked! We walked out an hour later and bought nothing but it was the greatest hour I spent in Target this past month! I just love my husband and am honored he chose me!

I have a busy week coming up and am praying for grace and wisdom as I enter it! Today at church Bobby talked about I Thessalonians 5: 16-18- Some pretty short simple verses but just what I needed when I thought about the week coming up!

REJOICE ALWAYS! 
That doesnt mean I have to be happy every moment this week but I need to have a spirit of joy and contentment in Christ always on my mind and face! Why? Because He has redeemed me! I have Christ! If all else was taken away, I could still rejoice because HE IS ALL I NEED!

PRAY WITHOUT CEASING!
Come to Him in prayer because of what He has done for me on the cross. He wants my good through all circumstances.  No matter how much I disappoint Him this week, He loves me and delights in me! WOW! Why wouldn't I want to talk to Him this week every moment I can- it doesn't have to be long winded prayers in the quiet of my room at the crack of dawn.. it can be as I am walking the kids to school every day, as I drive along to Ellas preschool in the morning, as I sip my coffee while the kids are just waking up, as I whisper to Him in my mind when I am struggling to be patient with my children... little moments spent talking to my Lord and casting my cares, dreams, hopes at His feet! 

GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES!
This is definitely a work of grace for a believer! Its hard to see hurts, annoyances, struggles as good things! But we can! Things/People do not satisfy because they didnt die for us! Only Christ truly satisfies all those desires in my soul because HE died for me! When I realize that, I can give thanks in good days and in dark days because again, 
HE SATISFIES! 

Wow! Amazing truths for me to think and ponder about this week! 


No comments: