Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Catching My Breath

 

Wow- what a busy past few week. My blogging has suffered but its not on the top of my priority list lately. Lets see if I can catch you up briefly! 

1. Girl Scout Cookies have ended! AHH! I was the cookie troop mom and boy was that a TON of work and time! Glad its over and glad we earned over $1000 for our troop for a summer camp in the mountains and badges. I dont think I will be doing it again next year... someone else's turn:)

2. Our church is growing!!! It is SO very exciting but with growth comes more responsibility and time! We also have lots of babies being born and a wedding! So, I have been planning showers which is just up my alley:) Stay tuned for pictures! And I must say Pinterest has saved me tons of time thinking up ideas! Its my favorite spot to look for them. 
I've also been appointed the Children's Ministry deacon (or deaconess if you so prefer) and it has been such a JOY working with the kids programs and workers! I really am enjoying it immensely. God has really burdened my heart to show children the grace of God through the Gospel! We are using the Jesus StoryBook Bible curriculum. I just LOVE how EVERY story, even in the Old Testament, shows how Jesus is the Hero, not man! I could go on and on about how much I love this but I'll spare you:) We also have split our very large community group into 2, one of which will start meeting at our house very week on Thursday! Its so much fun to share a meal together and then talk about Jesus! Good times! Come join us! It starts at 6pm:)

3. I have been busy at the girls school planning and throwing the Teacher and Staff Appreciation Luncheon. We went with a western theme and did  BBQ meat and salads. It was yummy and the room looked cute. I even made 50 chocolate mustaches for the teachers to take home:) You need a good mustache if you want to be a cowboy! Special thanks to Val Endyk who babysat my kids all day so I could throw this party:)
 



                   
 4. We have had such weird weather here lately. We have days (like yesterday and today) where it has been near 70! Its gorgeous! Then we have snow(see the above pictures of Mark with the kids building a snowman)! Tomorrow we are supposed to get snow and rain. ugh. We have been struggling with sickness a lot too probably because of the hot and cold temps! Ready for SPRING!

5. We have gotten in a few dates this past month:) We went to a new place called Cherry Cricket- its an old bar from the 1950's that now is a restaurant that sells AMAZING burgers! The Endyk's took us out since Mark fixed their broken computer (he's pretty much a genius:) I got a burger with cream cheese, jalapeños and raspberry jam but it was so yummy! Bobby got one that had bacon, and egg and peanut butter! Crazy combos but mouth watering! Special thanks to Jamie who babysat the kids free of charge- he really is the best EVER! The kids LOVE him and made him a sign that said "Welcome King Jamie"! Hes a hero in their book! SO thankful for teens who love our kids and love our family enough to let us go out without charging us a penny. I am planning on making him some pumpkin roll as compensation!

6. Mark has been so busy planning the Africa trip for Valor for this summer- please pray for him as he leads about 18 teens to Kenya and Nairobi. Its a lot of organizing that needs to take place now for then! They have some pretty amazing things planned and our family is going to try to help in collecting some supplies that the Kenyan people need. I'll try to post more about that at a later time! We are so grateful that he has this opportunity for a second year in a row! Someday I will get there with him too:) Cant wait for that day!

7. Marks niece, Alex, turned 18 on March 1st and Grandma and Grandpa took everyone out to a fancy French restaurant downtown- called Le Central- to celebrate. I thought the food was AMAZING! I had a fish dish and it was very tasty and their bread was delicious. Their dessert menu was off the charts awesome too! I got the Cafe Au Late which looked like a cup but was made completely out of chocolate and cake and ganache...yum! It was a good time! Hard to believe Alex is 18! Time certainly goes by so quickly!

 


 



8. Ella is doing great in preschool- hard to believe she only has 2 months and she will be a Kindergartener! And Elijah will be taking her place as a preschooler- talk about time flying! I cannot believe that my time with just him at home with soon be a memory. Makes me sad but excited too! I plan on joining a gym next year and working out a bit while I am childless for half the day. Then in one more year it will be time to hit the work force! yikes!
The twins LOVE school and are really doing well in their studies. I am so grateful that they dont struggle with learning (yet)!
9. Mark got glasses and I think he looks so handsome! I am just LOVING that guy:) Love is pretty much awesome! Speaking of marriage, I am ready The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller and it is fantastic! Go get it and read it!

10. It is my birthday in 20 days! Hard to believe I will be the ripe old age of 33! Anyhow, I have been getting tons of birthday freebies and coupons in the mail! LOVE that!  My fav store is Anthropology but they are wicked expensive. So, about once a year, I pick something out for myself with the coupon they send me! This year it was this cute juice glass. I love it!

Lij snapped this picture of me checking out the goods. I had no idea- I just found it on my phone:) 
11. We were given a dwarf hamster. The kids are in heaven and I am so proud of them- they have taken such good care of it! They have learned how to change its bedding and they feed it and give it water every day. Such a HUGE contrast from the time when they were 3 and got a hamster- needless to say that didnt last long- my sister in law rescued me by taking it and then gave it away too. It was big and ugly. This little guy is SO tiny! And the twins are MUCH older and know how to care for it! WHOOHOO!

 12. I have started painting the basement. It is a pretty lime green but lighter. with black accents. I like it- it really is opening the room up and it looks so fresh and pretty! Its beena  fun project- i really like to paint. I will post pictures when its done!

13. Wow, am I really at 13? I think I'm done! Im sure I missed a few things but overall these were the highlights! Please keep checking back. Going to try to blog every day once again- we will see! Much love to you all, my loyal readers!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Loved the long update, and love the pic Lij got of you. :)

Michelle said...

Thanks for the update! I loved reading about it all. And btw, I just added "the meaning of marriage" to my amazon wish list...you convinced me! p.s. would you consider doing a book review on it for my SWF website/blog??