Saturday, May 10, 2014

Dr. Seuss Teacher Appreciation Week

This year, I was in charge of Teacher Appreciation Week. 
I decided to go with a Dr. Seuss theme for the week and it was fun to pull it all together. 
We have a budget of $500 for the week and this came right in under that amount. 
I also love that I have a lot of containers to reuse and put in our PTO closet:) 
Day One: Hop on Pop-corn Bar
We found many different gourmet popcorn recipes online (Pinterest rocks) and filled colorful bins with them. I made labels and a sign to display the flavors. 
 We had a lot of the kids fill out little hats of thanks to decorate the teacher's doors 
and I took pics of all the staff with a blue frame, a boa and Seuss hat. 
We put those on the teacher's doors as well and on a big poster in the front of the school.  
 Day Two: Pink Yink Ink Drink Breakfast 
Panera donated all the pastries and we sent out order forms the week before where teachers could order a Starbuck's drink or a pink smoothie. I made the smoothies there at the school with Costco's smoothie mix and my VitaMix. I coordinated several parents to hit up local Starbucks to order the drinks. 
The teacher's really loved the personalization. 


 Day Three: Candy Bar and Gift
I put out several jars of candy along with "Green Eggs and Ham". Target had Seuss things like notepads, pencils, erasers in their dollar spot, so I got those as little gifts for the teachers. 
I made the banner out of Scrapbook paper and twine and used wrapping paper as the tablecloth. 


 Day Four: Biffer Baum Boxed Lunches
This was one of my favorite days! It was a lot to coordinate but the results were awesome! 
I sent out teacher lunch surveys. I created a Sign up sheet on Bring It (my favorite free online sign up) for parents to sign up to bring a boxed lunch for a staff member. Then I emailed that staff member's lunch survey to that parent. We had around 60 lunches delivered and it looked amazing! We gave away gift cards to the parents with the coolest looking themed lunches. 


 This was the winner- this parent made her lunches to look like books. 
Each item was labeled inside. SO creative! 



 And the runner up was this awesome looking salad! 
It was such a fun week and the staff at Hopkins felt very loved and appreciated! 

No comments: