Sunday, August 1, 2010

Where Did July Go?

Its hard to believe it is August 1st. 

July has been a flurry of activity with 
many birthdays to celebrate, 
pools to swim at, 
friends to play with!
I celebrated the last day of July with friends swimming. It was bliss. 

Mark took the kids for 4 hours (they saw a movie) 
and I swam, relaxed, ate juicy hamburgers fresh off the grill and
basked in the warm summer sun.
Summer- its almost over. 

Mark goes back to school on Tuesday for a staff retreat. The days of waking up late, hanging around the house, going on day trips, watching the kids jump in the sprinklers and blow bubbles in the back yard are coming to an end. Its sorta sad really.
It was such a lazy summer. Every day seemed to last forever but now that I look back- 
where did the summer go?

I am excited to get back into the school routine, 
feel the days get shorter 
and smell the scent of Autumn in the air as fall approaches. 
Dress in chunky sweaters and jean jackets.
Those are fun days too.



I am often overwhelmed by how much God has blessed me.
I tear up at the thought of how much I have to be grateful for.
God is good.

1 comment:

Erika said...

You're right, so many things to be thankful for. What sweet and true post.