Monday, August 30, 2010

Ellas "First day of school"

I love that I can spend some one on one time with my Ella teaching her. I miss going back to school as a teacher. It was So much fun to prepare for 3rd grade back in the day:) But now, I have the cutest little student ever and its still fun to create an hour of learning for her. We were going to do preschool this year but it doesnt quite fit in the budget, so maybe in December, she can start going a few days a week
So,
until then.....
Her teacher is Mommy.
Today we worked on numbers (1,2,3) , writing, painting, bible story, and a craft.
The craft was making flower crayons.
She peeled the paper.
We broke the crayons.
We baked them in the oven at 250 degrees for 20 minutes
in a silicone mold(garage sale- 50 cents)
.
and ta-da!
New flower crayons...
 Pretty cool morning!
and I even got tomorrow all figured out for her too- very productive indeed!

3 comments:

Erika said...

So adorable! Wish I had some of those silicone bakers, good find! Ella will love all that one-on-one"mommy" time.

~Abbey~ said...

did you use NEW crayons? i have a bluemillion already broken crayons, i could have mailed them to you :) bet she is loving being the oldest at home.

Unknown said...

I used some Rose Art ones- I dont particularly like the way they color- so I broke them up. We have a gazillion crayons in general:) I think we are going to do this for little Christmas gifts for the kids in the girls class....