Monday, September 27, 2010

What a Weekend!!

 This weekend was a whirlwind of baking! 
I had 2 wedding cakes to make for a 100 people each. 
I made them from scratch and covered them with fondant.
My sweet husband helped me SO much by watching the kids, 
making endless runs to the store and even helping me decorate! 
What a guy! 
We were able to go to Salina and Zachs wedding and it was beautiful!
(thanks grandma and grandpa for watching our 4 kids so we were able to go!)


 I love weddings! They remind me so much of how much I love being married to my best friend.
Mark is the man of my dreams and I told him I want to renew our vows and have another "wedding" with all our family and closest of friends! Maybe for our 15th anniversary! He didnt seem to crazy about the idea, but he'll do it- thats how much he loves me:)lol

 The reception was lovely, bright and colorful! Just like Salina! 
They had Mexican food and it was SO yummy! 
I like wedding food and this was so good and filling!
 Every time I agree to make a cake, the day off, I always tell mark that I never want to do it again. It is very stressful and a ton of work. Even as I was saying this, I told him I have some birthday cakes to make next weekend:) I just cant say no! It reminds me of my dad. He would say yes to all kinds of cakes and cooking, even though it was a lot of work! I sorta view it as a ministry to others, offering them cheap cakes that look good, although I am no professional! I do enjoy using cake decorating as an outlet for my creative juices. 
Well, now to get caught up on my life.... laundry, cleaning, etc.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

AMAZING cakes! I'm totally inspired =)

Erin Neiner said...

Your cakes are amazing!!! WOW---I didn't know you did that! I can not even think of trying to do something to that level in this season of life...but good job for YOU!!!!