Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Help

Last night I was able to go see The Help with Erika. It was SUCH a good movie- about racial segregation specifically with woman (moms)and their maids and one young woman's stand against it. Skeeter (the main character) took a chance to stick out in society by befriending some black maids and exposing their mistreatment at a time when it was actually against the law to do so! I thought it was wonderful. There were several curse words but other than that it was GREAT! oh, and lots of smoking- I cannot believe how much people smoked back in the olden days- thank goodness it has died down much from back then. Of course I cried and laughed a lot. Erika commented after the movie how emotional I am and I really am- it doesnt take much to get a laugh from me or tears for that matter:) 
I just want to say that I am so thankful for Erika's friendship- we have known each other for 4 years now and she is definitely a Life-long friend! We each have different personalities but in my mind, it balances us out pretty perfectly. I love that we can hang out easily together and talk about anything. Love ya, Erika! 



And on a side note, I just LOVED the fashion from that movie! 
All the skirts and little bows in their hair and funky tops! 
It was great! 


1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I went to see 'The Help' last week with one of my friends & yeah, I cried too! It is a fabulous story & I highly recommend reading the book if you haven't yet.
I agree - God is so good to us with the friends He provides. The friend I went to the movies with is much the same as you mentioned - very different from me but we balance each other well; she is definitely a life long friend!

I'm not sure I've commented on here before but I hope that you remember me from your NBBC days :-)