Friday, September 30, 2011

Pumpkin Jack-O-Lanterns

 I just love October- it may be my favorite month ever! 
The leaves start changing.
Sweaters and hoodies (thats for you, Mark) can be worn all day.
There's a nice nip in the air especially in the early morning and late evening.
Pumpkins start gracing front steps and mums appear everywhere.
Its my man's birthday month!
You can find apple cider in the grocery store.
We dress up our little munchkins and go trick or treating at Grandma and Grandpas!
We drive up into the mountains to see all the yellow Aspens.
I just love fall! Its the best season ever!
 I found this cute idea in a Southern Living magazine that my mother-in-law gave me.
Take old canning jars and paint the outside with orange paint- let dry. Paint a black rim and design a face with black paint. Stick a tea light or LED light inside and ta-da.. a cute little non perishable pumpkin lantern to adorn your front steps for October!  And the best thing is that little hands can do most all the work!
Happy October!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm SO doing those pumpkin lanterns!!! THANKS for the idea...I LOVE it!!!