Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Book Advent Calendar Countdown plus some more


I am all ready for December 1st! We are doing a  Book Advent Countdown- All the books are wrapped and we are ready to open one every night till Christmas. The first 8 books we borrowed from the library and the rest are all ours. I shop after Christmas and get GREAT deals on Christmas books- score! I need to try to weed out some Night Before Christmas books since we have 4- but I LOVE all the illustrations in these books! I want to try to find more spiritual Christmas books to replace them. I would LOVE your suggestions:) Every night before bed we will open a book and read it together! Im excited for this new tradition!



24.  Not Until Christmas, Walter
23. The Christmas Snowmen
22. Tackys Christmas
21. Fancy Nancys Splendiferous Christmas
20. Here Comes Jack Frost (Kazuno Kohara)
19. The Little Drummer Boy (Carolyn Quattrock)
18. Arthur's Christmas (Marc Brown)
17. Owl Moon (Jane Yolen)
16. The Night Before Christmas ( Clement C. Moore)
15. Baby's Christmas ( Esther Wilkin Little Golden Book)
14. The Wild Christmas Reindeer (Jan Brett)
13. Santa Mouse, Where Are You? (Micheal Brown)
12. The Velveteen Rabbit (Margery Williams)
11. The Night Before Christmas (Moore and Jan Brett)
10. The Twelve Days of Christmas
9. Christmas in a Manger
8. The Night Before Christmas (Moore and Weisgard)
7. GingerBread Baby (Jan Brett)
6. Who Is Coming to our House (Joseph Slate)
5. Santa Mouse (Michael Brown)
4. We Believe in Christmas (Karen Kingsbury)
3. Frosty the Snowmen (Annie Bedford)
2. The Legend of the Candy Cane (Lori Walburg)
1. The Night Before Christmas (Moore and Whatley)



We also are going to do a Names of Jesus Christmas Chain and reading the scripture that relates to the name. I will have the kids keep a little journal too- I plan to do this in the morning while we eat breakfast before school.


Ella also brought home a cute little Santa Countdown- She hung it on her door and this can be hers to keep track off:) each day you put a cotton ball on his beard.


And last but not least, my mom bought them little Chocolate Advent Charts- each day there is a little piece of chocolate in the shape of a Christmas thing:) My grandmother bought these for me every year till I was about 13 and they bring back FOND memories of my childhood!


Looking forward to this Christmas Season! 

2 comments:

Erika said...

I absolutely love this. Your kids are so blessed to have a mother like you. I tried to leave a comment last night but my computer wasn't cooperating. If you have extra copies of that one book to give away, we'll take one. I don't think we have that story yet.

~Abbey~ said...

you should check out The King's Christmas List...I loved it, the girls loved it...Clayton has not read it yet. its fictional but gives the true idea of giving at Christmas!