Monday, November 28, 2011

Felted Mushroom Christmas Ornaments and Owl Ornaments

I love the Christmas season because I get real crafty and "craft" for days in a row! 
This year, we got a REAL tree for our living room and I wanted to decorate it with a "woodland" theme.
Hence, felt mushrooms

and felt owls

I would like to try to have all the ornaments be mostly handmade.. still on the docket to make are a different style of felt owls, felt raccoons and a pine cone garland.

The kiddos got the fake tree in the basement and had fun putting up their ornaments on Saturday! 
I LOVE it too because it is filled with ornaments that we have collected over the years that ALL mean something to us (other than the colored balls) ! Each year, I buy the kids an ornament and put their names and the year on it and it goes on the tree- its fun to "see" what they were into year after year! 
I also have all the ornaments my mom made for me when I was young- she did the same tradition! So, its really a "memory" tree for us! And I LOVE it! 

I also am making all the kids close friends handmade gifts this year- 
I am really excited about them! 
They are turning out SO cute! 
I'll probably post pictures AFTER the holidays so as not to spoil the surprise!

Here are the kiddos picking out the tree!
Its only about 5 feet but its perfectly round and smells amazing!


I'll post pictures of the final decorated tree when its all done! 

No comments: