Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Outgrowing

 Yes, it has happened. We have outgrown the cute little calendars that my mom buys me every Christmas. Its sad. I loved those little calendars. It just wasnt cutting it- Each little box was getting so crowded each week that I could hardly see what was happening for that day. Between choir, girl scouts, birthday parties, church stuff, Ellas preschool, volunteering, Marks school schedule, his debate schedule etc,etc- you get the picture!

 So, I broke down and went to Target and found a mammoth calendar that hangs on the fridge that has a spot for each family member- its wonderful! It is much easier to read and keep events organized. AND theres a spot to write the meal I make that night too- so I can see a whole months worth of meals all planned out- I love it! It really is a great calendar!

I STILL like to keep a calendar in my purse for when I am out and about AND I also keep a much simplified calendar on my phone that links with Marks so he can see what we have planned as well. I know, thats a lot of calendars.
Each Sunday, I sync them all together to make sure events match and we are up to date- it hasnt been bad at all yet:) I should probably get rid of the one in my purse but I just LOVE writing things down- plus I make lists in it and so on and so forth.

So, we are all organized in this household (at least in the calendar department)!
What are your tricks for keeping your family events organized?

P.S. Since taking this picture, I have moved the calendar to the SIDE of the fridge so its not such a monstrosity-ish eye sore!

1 comment:

~Abbey~ said...

about 2 years ago i had to upgrade ours from the "normal" size to the JUMBO GRID calendar. Its about 2.5 feet long and 1.5 feet wide. and sometimes that seems crowded too! LOL..like you i would totally be lost without my calendar!