Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Winters Blowing in!

8:30am today
1:00pm today- storms a brewin!

Yes, tomorrow all these gorgeous fall leaves will most likely be knocked to the ground with the 6-12 inches of snow they are calling for tonight into tomorrow morning for Denver and 8-15 for CastleRock- we are in the middle of these 2 places- we shall see! SNOW DAY????
 It has been SUCH a pretty fall. I will be sad to see it end.
On a MUCH happier note, my mom is flying in on Thursday-
 I am beyond excited! 

On another sad note, I hurt my finger last Friday. I stopped by a yard sale and found this great metal cabinet for only $2- as I was loading it in the van, it slipped and my finger got caught underneath it- of course, I pulled it out because it was SO painful and the nail totally separated from my finger. It was the MOST painful thing I've experienced in a LONG time! Everything started spinning and I had to sit down because I really thought I would pass out. Thankfully, my house was a block away, so I managed to get me and the 4 kids home. Of course, Mark was gone at a speech tournament till 10pm... the worst timing!
I couldnt stop crying for like an hour  because it was just throbbing. The kids were so afraid for me. Arianna went and got the computer and put The Office on for me without me even saying a thing- she knows what will make me laugh:) Sophia went and grabbed tylenol and water for me and Ella rubbed my back . Elijah just stayed away! My kiddos were so sweet to me and did everything their little minds could think of to help me feel better. I love them!
Eventually Mark called my inlaws and they were SO kind to come over right away and take care of the kids while I went to the hospital. Come to find out, I had a small break at the top of my finger bone. They thought about removing the nail but I asked if we could just leave it on and let it fall off itself- thankfully, they said ok! I also got a tetanus shot because it was an old metal cabinet- that sucker hurt SO bad the next day- I could barely move my arm. So, now I have this cool splint on my finger just for a week. The nail is SO tender.. hopefully that will heal quickly.

Well, off to see what the kids are up to- I hear Pink Panther music coming from the basement.. so hopefully they are just resting on the couch! I also need to grab a redbox movie or two and some bread since we may be stuck at home tomorrow! Could use a family snow day!
Have a safe and snowy night all my Denver peeps!


No comments: