Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 14 and 15- Ready for him to come home!!

So I have been slack in my picture taking the past two days. I am blaming it on the heat. Monday and Tuesday the temps have been close to 100 degrees and let me tell you it was HOT! Why is it that I loose all patience when its so hot? The kids are so whiney and complaining every second. Yeah, it was a rough past 2 days.

But we did have some fun..
On Monday we went to Splash again and this time it was for free since last time we had to leave early because of the rain. So we spent a good 4 hours splashing, swimming, diving and it was relief from the sweltering heat. Monday night, we hit up Fazolis for free kids meals (they read 5 books and fill out this bookmark) and it was SO nice to be in air condition. After dinner, my sweet friend Ada came over and we painted and chatted into the evening- good times! 

Today, the ladies from our church met up at a park and let the kids play and we chat, etc. We had so many visitors this time and it was wonderful to make some new friends and build relationships! The park also has a creek so after about an hour of sweating in the sun, everyone wanted to go play in the water. It was SO hot! Tonight, we got to go to Grandma and Grandpas and Lina and I got to get away for a little bit to eat and shop. It was such a nice break and a wonderful time with my mother in law. I love her so very much and am so blessed to be married into Mark's family.

Tonight, after we got home, the house felt like a sauna and the 3 out of the four kids were crying about something hurting while I was trying to bathe them and get them in their jammies. Sophia stepped right up and get a book and started reading to Ella and Elijah while I helped Arianna get tylenol and tucked her in. Then she helped put Elijah and Ella to bed and was singing to them and tucking them in. What a HUGE help that little girl was to me tonight!

Mark and I have chatted a bit through skype- they have visited the slums and then had a debrief time with the team and are soon flying home! I get so nervous when he is on the plane- its such a LONG time in the air! I cannot believe how fast this trip has gone compared to last year. The kids have done very well overall. They are growing up. God poured out his grace on me these past two weeks and taught me many lessons and gave me joy through the whole process. He is good. And the friends and family who helped me with the kids are due a LOT of thanks too!

No comments: